Last weekend I made a sweet little patchwork quilt for a Baby Shower and it was everything I hoped it would be! In fact, I love it so much that I am already planning to make another in a larger size!
This quilt looks a little bit scrappier than it is. I started with 16 small scale floral prints and cut three 2.5" x 21" strips from each of the 16 prints. I then separated them into four stacks of four prints.
I made three sets of the same four-strip set, but just alternated the order of the prints in the different sets to add some variety. I cut four 2.5" x 8.5" strips from each of the sewn sets and then sewed them all back together to make twelve 8.5" blocks.
A little polka dot sashing was in order with my favorite, works-with-everything, low volume dot. I used 2.5" wide strips between blocks and then a 3" border around the outer edges.
I did some free motion quilting and used a long hoarded floral for the backing that seemed to perfect. I machined the binding on for a quick finish and was so happy it was well-received.