Our Sidetracked Sampler Block of the Month (BOM) is kicking off in just a few weeks and we wanted to share some more details (and a few sample blocks, too!) about this fun sampler quilt!
Our Sidetracked Sampler BOM is a 72" x 90" sampler quilt designed to play with patchwork! We will be making a variety of blocks in assorted sizes to make this fun quilt. All blocks will be traditionally pieced by machine.
We love a good scrappy-style quilt, so our version will be scrappy ... the more prints the better! But if scrappy style scares you or just isn't your thing, there are other options you could choose. You can choose a theme (ex. Christmas), or a color scheme (red, white & blue) or even a favorite designer and go all out mixing and matching their collections! You are also welcome to sew it all in a favorite collection from a designer. Ultimately, we want you to have fun making a sampler that YOU love!
Scraps (like fat sixteenth sizes) are going to work great for most blocks, but we will include some FQs and larger cuts in our kits for backgrounds in some of our larger blocks. Many of our blocks will work great with common size pieces you may have in your stash, including leftover precuts like 2.5" squares, 5" squares, etc.
What's in a Name?
I drew this sampler in a sketchbook several years ago and then got, well, sidetracked! It's been patiently waiting to be put together ever since.
And if you are anything like me, you have a lot of works in progress going at once. A sampler is a great way to test out blocks as well as make a block or two, but not have to commit to say 40 (or more!) of the same block! So you can get "sidetracked" on a new block without feeling guilty!
Sidetracked BOM Schedule:
- The BOM program will kick off on January 10th with fabric requirements, tips on choosing fabrics, some techniques we will use often, and more.
- February - October: We will make 3-4 blocks over the course of the month. Patterns available on the 1st of the month to subscribers and we will share our blocks and focus on tips for each block on Fridays during the month.
- November: Quilt assembly - we'll get that top together and ready for finishing!
Here's a sneak speak at our coloring sheet, which will be available to subscribers in January.
Ways to Participate (reserve your spot):
- Two options to participate: (1) PDF Subscriber for patterns only; or (2) Pattern plus 3 shipments of fabric (Jan, April, & July)
- All participants (PDF only or PDF + fabric) will have access to materials online each month.
- Be sure to share on Instagram with #sidetrackedsampler
We hope you will join us in 2022 and sew along! Have questions? Drop us a line.